Auction Chinese Scallion Pancake (葱油饼) (cōng yóu bǐng) online.
You execute brewing nuke Chinese Scallion Pancake (葱油饼) (cōng yóu bǐng) employing 7 receipt furthermore 14 than. Here you are carry out.
instructions of Chinese Scallion Pancake (葱油饼) (cōng yóu bǐng)
- You need 4 cups of flour.
- You need of Extra flour.
- use 2 cups of cold water.
- use 1 cup of hot water.
- use of Salt.
- a little of Vegetable oil.
- This 3 bundles of green onion/scallion.
Chinese Scallion Pancake (葱油饼) (cōng yóu bǐng) prescription
- Mix the cold water and hot water together to create warm/lukewarm water. Mix this water slowly with the flour in a bowl and mix to create a wet dough. It should look shaggy and is a little bit sticky to the touch..
- Once the flour is fully incorporated and there isn’t any dry spots or wet spots, form into a ball and rest in a bowl. Cover the bowl with a damp towel to keep it moist while you let it rise a little. Let it sit in room temperature for about 30 minutes..
- While the dough rests, cut the green onion. Cut into thin slices..
- Once the dough is rested, remove and place on a flour dusted workspace. Begin kneading the dough. This dough will take in a lot of flour so take extra flour and continue to dust, kneading and massaging until it isn’t sticky to the touch anymore..
- On a flour dusted work surface, begin to roll the dough out into a nice round shape, ensuring that it is evenly flattened out. Make sure both sides of the dough are nicely floured so it doesn’t stick to the table or the rolling pin..
- Sprinkle a generous amount of salt and oil over the surface of the dough. You can use your hand to spread the oil evenly or fold the dough over lightly and “squish” the two together to evenly distribute the oil and salt. Return dough to the rough shape..
- Cover the surface of the dough with a generous amount of green onions..
- Roll the dough, just like you would a cinnamon bun. Roll tightly..
- Cut the log into evenly sized pieces..
- Optional: pinch and squeeze the ends of each piece closed..
- Generously flour both sides of the piece and place the cut side on the table. Flatten each piece into a large and thin circle, just like a pancake, but larger and thinner. Continually flour both sides so that it doesn’t stick. The flour also helps the roll not open up, but rather stick back together..
- Once it is rolled out nice and thin (as thin as you can get it, but not crazy thin), you’re ready to cook it..
- Place the pancake on a hot oiled frying pan on medium to medium high heat and cook eat side until nice and crisp and browned..
- It’s ready to eat as soon as it comes off the frying pan. You can keep it whole and people can just tear it up when eating it, or you can cut it into quarter slices. Enjoy! This goes really well with other dishes, but some people eat this as a main dish. My family eats this as a side dish..